I paced around my living room, then my kitchen, then my dining room, and then I sat. I ate dinner with my family still with it swarming through my mind. I paced my upstairs, and I paced my office. I lay flat on my futon still trying to find the words. They never came. There is no adjective that has been invented that adequately describes what ISIS/ISIL is doing to human beings in Syria and Iraq. There is no prayer that I feel sufficient enough to send them other than begging for God’s intervention.
I’m certain this is the most difficult piece I’ve ever tried to put down in a coherent and effective way. My inner wrath wants to unload in this forum with such biting force, that I leave nothing but scorched land as far as the eye can roam. My soul wants to grab all of the woman and children and huddle them under my protection as I watch those men burn one by one. My intelligence wants to break the reason why the world is mostly sitting back and letting it happen. My curiosity wants to figure out the end game, as the world comes unraveled in all corners as if guided by a knowing hand with a specific plan in mind. I know there is master plan. I’ve written of it continuously these last many years, but I do not know what the end of it looks like for certain. I do not know if they are in control of this, or if ISIS is the result of it spiraling massively out of control. ISIS is a symptom. The world is gravely ill, and ISIS represents the visible malignant tumor of the cancer that ravages below the surface. ISIS is representative of the red horse unleashed. My soul cries. My faith yearns for instruction. But the right words…I chase them around in a blur unable to grasp or see them. There are none.
So I’ll provide a glimpse of the words written by the few witnesses to it all that managed to live long enough to speak them. The United Nations issued an extremely detailed report in November of last year, 2014, titled, “Rule of Terror: Living Under ISIS in Syria.” Their title is nowhere near sufficient either. There are no words, and there is no writer on earth that will find them. They must be sent down to us. Throughout the report, dozens and dozens of times, it is spelled out in horror that ISIS is guilty of the most heinous of war crimes and violations of human rights. Not since NAZI Germany has the world seen anything remotely like what they are doing, and they are making the SS look tolerant. If ever there were a justification to engage in war, ISIS has provided it in spades, yet the world is responding only in a bomb here and bomb there, as these men run amok in Iraq and Syria like horned cockroaches sent straight from Hades. To show indifference to this event as a fellow human being, is…well…this is where I have to lockdown my desire to scorch the earth. I have to seek Christ. I have to hang my head and pray. I have to wipe my tears away and do what He needs from me. I have to seek love. God demands this…not requests…and we won’t and don’t understand the reasons why. So I’ll report to you what the UN reported, because I know that 99.9% of people aren’t going to see or read it. I’ll keep as much of my wrath away as I can stand to keep within.
Here are my notes…
– “The failure to find a political solution or any other alternative to stop the violence in Syria and to relieve the population’s suffering, left a dangerous vacuum that was filled by radicals and their foreign backers.” Question not answered: Who are these foreign backers?
– “Charity organizations and wealthy individuals funded radical entities willing to promote their ideologies and serve their agendas.” Question not answered: Which charities and what individuals? What ideology and what agenda?
– Arms and support provided to armed groups deemed as moderate have repeatedly fallen into the hands of more radical actors, including ISIS.” Note: President Obama and Sen. McCain have both strongly encouraged and authorized training and arming the so-called moderates. It’s not working.
– The leader of ISIS is, Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, and he holds absolute power within the group. Note: Why has our media not singled him out as they have done so effectively in every other case of conflict in our history? He has total power. He’s the head of the snake. Why is he being sheltered?
– “ISIS has engaged in the systematic destruction of Christian churches, as well as Kurdish and Shi’a mosques.”
– “ISIS has beheaded, shot and stoned men, women and children in public spaces in towns and villages across northeastern Syria.” Note: Read again and again until it sinks in.
– “Many reports of ISIS hanging children on crosses.” Note: Read again and again until it sinks in.
– “Witnesses saw scenes of still-bleeding bodies hanging from crosses and of heads placed on spikes along park railings.” Note: Read again and again until it sinks in.
– “The brutal attacks, torturing, kidnappings and murders of many journalists have largely been ignored by mass media.” Note: Why? Why is the media burying what is happening to so many of their kind? Who is making that call?
– “ISIS is guilty of brutal subjugation of women.”
– “Stoning women to death – The women were made to stand, while veiled with their hands bound to their sides, in a shallow grave, while men hurled large rocks at their heads until they collapsed and eventually died.” NOTE: Read again and again until it sinks in.
– “Females are being abducted and taken to Syria and sold as war booty in markets They are held in ISIS rest houses and are raped by ISIS fighters returning from battle.” NOTE: Read again and again until it sinks in.
– “Raping and intentional forced child bearing of infidels in adherence to signs of the Apocalypse and their ideology, to affect ethnic and religious compositions.” Note: Same
– “Young women of puberty age being sold or married off to avoid ISIS wrath.” Note: Same
– “Forcing children as young as 13 and 14 to serve as fighters.” Note: Same
– “Using children to execute other children to perpetuate long-term loyalty, adherence to their ideology, and to learn to see violence as a way of life.” Note: Same
– “Forcing the worldview of ISIS into the minds of 14-16 year old Kurdish boys by screening propaganda of mass executions and desensitizing them to extreme violence.” Note: Same
– “Many heads hanging on walls, and mass executions and mass graves in many towns and villages.” Note: Same
– “Systematic killing of children belonging to religious and ethnic minorities by the so-called ISIL, including several cases of mass executions of boys, as well of reports of beheading, crucifixion of children, and burying children alive. Note: This is genocide. Children…innocent children…buried alive. Buried alive. Buried alive.
Those are the notes I took before I had to stop. I couldn’t take anymore of it. There is far more in the report. My request as this article travels all over the world via the internet, is that you will join me in prayer. That we will tame our human wrath and thirst for revenge, and plead instead for God’s justice and instruction on how to stop this. That God will spare these women and children from further atrocity. That we, as the creation of God, will interject our souls on the behalf of these Iraqi and Syrian people suffering so greatly, and stand down Satan’s own army by the providence of God. I make this request with tears flowing down my cheeks. Please. God.